Celebrate Unforgettable Paula in New Orleans
New Orleans-based photographer Stephen Young has arranged a day of exploring his city, Paula-style.
Stephen will pick you up from the airport ...
and take you to your bed-and-breakfast in the Garden District. 2 nights at The Chimes Bed-and-Breakfast are included in this package.
All the guest rooms are tucked away in a private courtyard and The Chimes is just a few blocks walk to the St. Charles Avenue Streetcar.
(this is room #2 where my parents had their own unforgettable visit last October)
Your Unforgettable Day in New Orleans begins the following morning. After your breakfast at the Chimes...
Stephen will pick you up for your day of exploring. Lunch and dinner have been arranged...
We'll be having lunch with Chef Alon Shaya at his eponymous restaurant on Magazine Street. Chef Alon has received this year's James Beard Award for "Best Chef: South. He is the chef and co-owner of the New Orleans restaurants Domenica, Pizza Domenica, and the recently opened Shaya which is devoted to the cooking of his native Israel.
After a full day around the city, Chef Jason Goodenough of Carrollton Market is looking forward to welcoming us to the dining counter overlooking his kitchen at Carrollton Market.
Chef Jason and his crew recently traveled to NYC at the invitation of the James Beard Foundation to prepare dinner - New Orleans - style at the James Beard House. We will definitely be eating well during your Unforgettable Day.
Stephen will contact the winning bidder immediately to begin preparing for this New Orleans experience. Some of the activities that are available for your day include (but are not limited to):
- shopping on Magazine Street - nearly 8 miles of old-school shops (with only a few national chain stores)
- hot, sweaty, raw, & soulful rhythm & blues in a legendary 9th Ward lounge
- or we could spend the evening in the Ritz-Carlton lounge as Jeremy Davenport and his band entertain in style on a smaller stage in a hotel bar that feels like the living room of a well-appointed Uptown mansion
- Stephen is honored to know well the ins and outs of every Louisiana State Museum as well as the owners of dozens of art galleries. We can go behind the scenes in many of these locations.
- Zydeco dancing (think handsome cowboy courting a beautiful, and sassy Cajun girl) in a bowling alley/bar/dance hall.
- Free beer for an hour most every Friday afternoon at the only brewery in the city.
- I would love to introduce a stylish woman - or a man who loves a beautiful lady - to my clothing designer friend Kate at her 3-story historic atelier where she creates chic wearable art.
- We could get sticky in the old school candy kitchen of Loretta's Pralines just beyond the French Quarter
- Oh, and there's the Quarter. That's at least a day - but there's so much more to experience.
- We should certainly imbibe with JoAnn in her pub where she packed a .38 and a shotgun or two in the days after the Storm (Hurricane Katrina) so she could take care of her people and the visitors who came for friendship and the only ice-cold beer in town.
- You could have your future told - and a VERY accurate account of your present and past by Sally Ann or Velvet, two of my favorite extrasensory visionaries.
- and we're just getting started.
** Travel is not included in the package. But everything else is.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you to my town for an Unforgettable Day. - Stephen